How To Videos
- [video_lightbox_youtube video_id=”RqXlAjKexcM&rel=0″ width=”1920″ height=”1080″ anchor=”Featured Page”]
- [video_lightbox_youtube video_id=”m-s6WALKhAA&rel=0″ width=”1920″ height=”1080″ anchor=”Widgets”]
- [video_lightbox_youtube video_id=”cgKEis0RbvA&rel=0″ width=”1920″ height=”1080″ anchor=”Search”]
- [video_lightbox_youtube video_id=”FfPBLmBXLwc&rel=0″ width=”1920″ height=”1080″ anchor=”Purchase”]
- [video_lightbox_youtube video_id=”CVuSe4I_6AM&rel=0″ width=”1920″ height=”1080″ anchor=”Import Files”]
- [video_lightbox_youtube video_id=”t01Wzuw8Bc0&rel=0″ width=”1920″ height=”1080″ anchor=”License and Publish”]
- [video_lightbox_youtube video_id=”KLAo2JJQZc8&rel=0″ width=”1920″ height=”1080″ anchor=”Meta Data”]
- [video_lightbox_youtube video_id=”m4nXC1Lr4dA&rel=0″ width=”1920″ height=”1080″ anchor=”Batch Meta”]
- [video_lightbox_youtube video_id=”LQdXmkAdU_g&rel=0″ width=”1920″ height=”1080″ anchor=”Cancel Upload”]
- [video_lightbox_youtube video_id=”aKgaSqIJKqg&rel=0″ width=”1920″ height=”1080″ anchor=”Model Releases”]
- [video_lightbox_youtube video_id=”ytzi-SxmkgI&rel=0″ width=”1920″ height=”1080″ anchor=”Public User Profiles”]
- [video_lightbox_youtube video_id=”w7fjrDOkZpk&rel=0″ width=”1920″ height=”1080″ anchor=”Earnings”]
- [video_lightbox_youtube video_id=”rWw8xbyfkss&rel=0″ width=”1920″ height=”1080″ anchor=”Collections”]
- [video_lightbox_youtube video_id=”xHfPRqFjhaU&rel=0″ width=”1920″ height=”1080″ anchor=”Transfers”]
- [video_lightbox_youtube video_id=”3QFpA6aUN8E&rel=0″ width=”1920″ height=”1080″ anchor=”Direct/Private Sales”]
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Nimia believes in white-gloved customer treatment. If you don’t see an answer to your question below feel free to give us a call at 206-262-8121, or email us at [email protected].
1. What are the benefits of Nimia?
Nimia combines a licensing store front with a robust video asset management platform for video producers to archive, backup, and transfer video assets. The archival system is unique in that it allows producers to search for videos based on keyword, location, camera type, light source, motion control, and focus parameters. The licensing store front is unique in that Nimia connects you with companies wanting to purchase licenses to high quality video assets. We do this by directly marketing your content through our network of buyers, including National Geographic, BBC, Lou Boutin, etc.
2. Can I use Nimia as a video file transfer solution?
Yes. You can send an unlimited number of videos through the Nimia Platform, meaning you can stop using yousendit, ftp servers, dropbox, etc., to send full resolution files.
3. Can I use Nimia as a video backup solution?
Yes. Nimia’s platform is 99.99999% secure. For more information on Nimia’s Technology Platform click here.
4. Can I use Nimia as a video asset management solution?
Yes. You can quickly search and find your videos, create collections, and track video licenses.
5. All my work belongs to the producers of particular productions. Does this mean I can’t license work through Nimia?
There are two ways you can start monetizing the unused content that you shoot for your clients. First, we have found that if you ask to include wording in your contracts that call for a license back to use content that did not make it into the spot, the clients are normally agreeable. We can help you with the correct wording. See nimia.com/legal/. The other option is to suggest a revenue share agreement with the content owner (your client) to license the footage that is not used in the final work.
6. Do I have to pay to be an artist on Nimia?
You can select the “Freelance” option and receive 25GB of free private storage. You receive unlimited GB of storage for all files that you select to license and publish. There is no cost and you do not need to pay. If you want additional private storage above 25GB, or additional features inside the asset manager then you will have to pay. Please refer to www.nimia.com/pricing to view our platform plans.
7. What are the types of licensing and how is Nimia with royalties?
Direct: You license work directly to your clientele and receive 90% commission, (You can choose price). This means you find the buyer, choose one of our a standard licenses (Boutiq, Premium, etc), choose a custom price if you want, and you get 90% commission.
Boutiq: We license your work and you get 50% commission, (~$1000-$3000). This includes media exclusive to Nimia and of exceptional quality both in terms of objective and subjective attributes. Media in the Boutiq’ collection has a minimum resolution of 1080p and is shot on a cinematic camera. The media can be used in either commercial or editorial productions.
Premium: We license your work and you get 50% commission, (~$175-$400). This includes media exclusive to Nimia Archives. This means you cannot find this media for license anywhere else in the world. The media can be used in either commercial or editorial productions.
Multi Agency: We license your work and you get 35% commission, (~$125-$250). This includes media not exclusive to the Nimia Archives. This means you may be able to find this media for license at other agencies. The media can be used in either commercial or editorial productions.
Public Domain: We license the public domain work that you upload and you get 35% commission, (~$50-$100). This includes Iconic media digitally re-mastered and made available for download. The media is free of all copyright restrictions and can be used for any purpose, for any length of time, and receive any number of views, but may have restrictions related to an actor’s right of publicity if used commercially.
Editorial: We license your work and you get 40% commission, (~$150-$500). This includes media to be used in blogs, magazine and newspaper editorial applications, or other non-commercial uses. This media cannot be used for commercial purposes because the media may contain identifiable brands, locations or people without the proper legal releases needed for commercial use.
8. How much traction are you guys pulling in so far?
We have gained traction with major buyers looking for original content. We have found that buyers are interested in a non-Walmart like stock video agency for content licensing. Our clientele of buyers range from BBC to Kanye West.
9. How can I update my personal account information?
Once you’ve completed the registration process, you can modify your account information at any time by selecting Edit Profile under your username’s drop-down menu in the top right corner of the page. From this page you can view or update personal details, edit email information or link to social media.
10. How do I retrieve my password?
You can retrieve your password by selecting “I forgot my password” on the login page.
11. Can I search videos by producer?
Yes, you can search by the producer’s username.
12. Can I search videos by resolution, size, codec, fps, aspect, etc?
Yes. In the current version of Nimia you can search by video title, description, or keywords and other objective attributes like resolution, size, codec, fps, aspect, camera, sensor, lens, focus, motion control, composition type, frame angle, light source, light falloff, color temp, etc.
13. What is a referral?
A referral allows you to send an invite email to another person with a link to join Nimia. Nimia allows you to earn 5% every time a user you refer sells or buys content in the Nimia Archives!
Step 1. Got to your Username on the top-right toolbar. It will display a drop-down list. Click on Referrals.
Step 2. Type in the email address of the person you would like to invite and click Invite Them!
14. How do refunds work?
Because you are purchasing a digital asset, returns are not possible, if you’d like to discuss in more detail please contact a Nimia agent or email [email protected]
15. How do I do a batch upload of multiple videos at the same time?
To upload multiple videos at one time, follow these steps:
Step 1. Login to your Nimia account
Step 2. Click on Platform to view your asset manager
Step 3. Click Upload Media button to select videos to upload
Step 4. Select the videos you would like to upload
Step 5. Videos will upload in asset manager screen
Step 6. You may edit contents of each asset, while they are uploading
16. Do you do direct deposits to bank accounts outside of the United States?
If you do not have a US bank account, then we use third party services such as Paypal to complete the transfer.
17. What video format should I use for the content I upload?
Video gets stored and distributed in the original intermediary codec that was uploaded. Preferred codec is Photo-Jpeg because of its usability across operating systems and players. All content is encoded to H.264 for web playback only.
View Supported Codecs HERE.
18. If materials originate as RAW files, can these be delivered, and do you handle HD only in your given codec?
We currently offer the original resolution for distribution, but we’re in development of a transcoder that can output to multiple intermediary codecs and resolutions, including RAW formats.
19. How do I put my file’s information together?
In the Platform under your Asset Manager are all the files you uploaded. To input metadata information for each video, double click and then you can enter the title, description, keywords, credits and date. You can also input objective attributes such as type of camera, light source, and focus.
You can also “Batch Edit” several files at once. From your Asset Manager select all the files you want to edit and select “Batch Edit.” From there you can edit all the files selected like you would an individual file.
20. What does “Direct Sale” mean?
By using direct sales, you can choose to sell your videos to whomever you want through the Nimia platform. You are able to choose the price and terms and you will get 90% royalties from the sale. Content can be either commercial or editorial.
21. What does “Transfer Files” mean?
You are giving someone access to the source file (not watermarked). The files you choose to transfer can be either private or public, and the transfer will give the HD Source File only to the recipients you define. HD Source File means downloadable HD files without a watermark (Not Protected). If you would like the files to be protected then share your videos using the “Collections” feature.
22. How do collections work?
Collection is a way of categorizing multiple files together.
Step 1. Click on Platform on the top toolbar. It will take you to your Asset Manager.
Step 2. Select the files you want to add to a collection by clicking on them (this will highlight them), and click on Add to Collection.
Step 3. Select Create a new collection or Select an existing one from below, and create/add to the collection.
Step 4. Your collections are viewable under Platform then Collection
23. How can I keep track of sales I made?
Step 1: Navigate to Platform
Step 2: Click on Direct Sales to monitor content sales
Step 3: Click on Earnings to keep track of monetary gains
Step 4: Survey your financial earnings
24. How does payment flow through to me once an order is made?
Inside your account under earnings you may request payment. Payment is then made via direct deposit (it will prompt you to add an account). If you live outside the U.S. we can pay you via Paypal or a wire transfer.
25. Which license category does my file belong in?